Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made up this recipe one day when I wanted some homemade chicken noodle soup. I use canned chicken breast to speed up preparation. Even my kids liked this soup!
- 75 ounces chicken broth
- 2 cups whole wheat noodles
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 12 ounces cooked chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon garlic-tomato-basil seasoning
- In a large pot, hear broth to boiling.
- Break noodles into 1/2 inch pieces until you have 1 cup of noodle pieces.
- Add noodles to broth and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the thawed vegetables and cook for 7 minutes more.
- Add the chicken and the seasoning blend.
- Simmer 10 to 15 minutes.