Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
With a name like this, it has to be from Rachael Ray. I saw this recently on her television show and thought it looked good. I hope to try it soon.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 -3 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 4 -5 celery ribs, from the heart cut into matchsticks
- 2 small zucchini, cut into matchsticks
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen peas, defrosted
- ground black pepper
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken, meat removed from bone and shredded
- 1 lb wide egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water over high heat for the egg noodles.
- While the water is coming up to a boil, place a large skillet over medium-high heat with the olive oil.
- Add the onion, carrot and celery to the pan, and cook until the veggies begin to get tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Toss the zucchini and peas into the pan along with some salt and freshly ground black pepper, and cook another 2-3 minutes until all the veggies are tender.
- While the veggies are cooking, drop the noodles into the boiling water and cook to al dente according to package directions.
- Reserve a cup of the starchy cooking water, drain the noodles and return them to the pot they were cooked inches.
- Add the butter and parsley to pot and give everything a good toss to melt the butter and coat the noodles.
- Add the shredded chicken and a splash of the starchy pasta water to the pan with the veggies and cook until the chicken is heated through.
- Turn the noodles out into a serving dish and top them with the chicken and veggie mixture and serve.