Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Even our picky kids always liked this one! This is good over rice, we like the Lundberg wild rice combos. You MUST use fresh squeezed OJ, it won't be right otherwise.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup light soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup broth
- 1 orange, zest of
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Arrange chicken in shallow baking dish.
- Mix orange juice, soy sauce and brown sugar, and pour over chicken. Sprinkle ginger and celery around chicken.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Meantime, mix cornstarch with cold water and orange zest.
- Remove chicken from baking dish, stir in cornstarch/zest mixture into juices, return chicken to baking dish and bake 15 minutes more, until sauce thickens and chicken is done.
This was really great! We don't have Lundberg brand here, but I used a local favorite, and it was still YUMMY!! I made it double, and my husband said they fought over it at work. Thanks for posting!