bayoucritter aka. angela's Note:
I made these the other night for a quick dinner and they turned out fantastic! Really quick to do the chicken ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to assemble. Yummy! PS. Doesn't hurt to kick it up a little with Louisiana hot sauce ;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash whole chicken.
- 2Place in kettle of cold water with one or two whole onions and 1 tsp of Creole seasonings.
- 3Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer until tender and done.
- 4Remove chicken to plate.
- 5Remove onions.
- 6Turn heat to medium.
- 7Whisk in two cans of cream of celery soup or one can of cream of celery and one can cream of chicken.
- 8Heat; whisk in until smooth.
- 9Add 2 cups water and bring to a soft boil.
- 10Drop dumpling strips in (I usually cut them in half).
- 11Stir to keep from sticking.
- 12Add carrots and one chopped onion.
- 13Turn heat to low, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- 14Stir often so that dumplings don't stick to pot.
- 15Remove chicken from bone.
- 16When dumplings are done, stir in chicken.
- 17Add frozen peas and heat through, about 8 minutes.
- 18Adjust seasonings and serve hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken N' Rolled Dumplings'
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.2
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 141.6 mg
- Sodium 538.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 37.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: