Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I made these the other night for a quick dinner and they turned out fantastic! Really quick to do the chicken ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to assemble. Yummy! PS. Doesn't hurt to kick it up a little with Louisiana hot sauce ;-)
- 4 lbs chicken
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesfrozen dumplings, cut into strips
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup (Campbell's)
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (Campbell's)
- 3 onions
- 6 -8 carrots, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- creole seasoning (TONY CACHERE'S)
- hot sauce
- Wash whole chicken.
- Place in kettle of cold water with one or two whole onions and 1 tsp of Creole seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer until tender and done.
- Remove chicken to plate.
- Remove onions.
- Turn heat to medium.
- Whisk in two cans of cream of celery soup or one can of cream of celery and one can cream of chicken.
- Heat; whisk in until smooth.
- Add 2 cups water and bring to a soft boil.
- Drop dumpling strips in (I usually cut them in half).
- Stir to keep from sticking.
- Add carrots and one chopped onion.
- Turn heat to low, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Stir often so that dumplings don't stick to pot.
- Remove chicken from bone.
- When dumplings are done, stir in chicken.
- Add frozen peas and heat through, about 8 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings and serve hot.