Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A really different way to prepare a piccata.
Make and share this Chicken Mushroom Piccata recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup mixed dried mushroom, chopped fine (can be done in food processer)
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 grated lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons small capers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut each piece of chicken in half. Pound chicken to a uniform thickness of 3/8 inch; set aside.
- Mix dried mushroom pieces and 1 tablespoon flour in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, beat eggs to a slight froth.
- Season with salt and pepper the chicken pices. Lightly coat each piece of chicken with egg, then dip into mushroom mixture, patting mushrooms into place, coating lightly. Stack chicken on a plate, separating the pieces with waxed paper.
- Reserve the remaining dried mushroom mixture to use in the sauce.
- Heat oil in an 8- or 10-inch nonstick skillet over high heat. When a pinch of flour sizzles in the oil, add chicken, in batches if necessary; cook for 2 minutes on each side. Arrange chicken in an 11-by-14-inch baking dish. Place dish in oven; bake for 12 minutes or until done.
- Meanwhile, return skillet to the stove. Add butter and melt over medium-high heat. Stir in remaining mushroom mix, remaining 2 1/2 tablespoons flour and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly, until golden brown. Reduce heat to medium; slowly stir in broth. Stir in lemon zest and juice; cook, stirring, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in capers. Set aside and keep warm.
- When chicken is done, arrange on serving plates; top with sauce.