Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Parents magazine
Make and share this Chicken Mozzarella and Basil Panini recipe from Food.com.
- 8 slices rustic bread
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 8 -12 fresh basil leaves
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- On 1 slice of the bread layer 1/4 of the chicken, 1 or 2 slices of cheese and 2 or 3 basil leaves.
- Sprinkle with salt, place other piece of bread on top.
- Repeat step one and two, 3 more times.
- Put oil in a pan large enough to hold all 4 sandwiches.
- Place another large heavy pan on top of sandwiches.
- When bread is crisp and cheese starts to melt, about 3-4 mins, flip them over.
- Repeat for the other side, this takes about 2-3 minutes.