Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From a Tyson chicken cookbook. Also called Hearty Moroccan Chicken in a different Tyson edition! This uses leg quarters, skinned.
- 4 chicken leg quarters, skinned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 cup canned chick-peas, drained
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 5 cups water
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups couscous
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, place olive oil over high heat.
- Add chicken and cook about 10 minutes, turning to brown on all sides.
- Stir in onion, garlic, ginger, carrots, chickpeas, raisins, cinnamon, cumin, turmeric, and water.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and cook about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile make couscous according to directions on package and divide among 4 serving bowls and set aside.
- Stir in zucchini to the chicken in the pot, and cook about 10 minutes more.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and add salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken over the couscous with sauce spooned over.