Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a quick meal to prepare ahead of time refrigerate and pop in the oven.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced jalapenos
- salt and pepper
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of casserole dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix sour cream, chillies, garlic, onions,and 1 c cheese.
- Pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle jalapeños on top of chicken cover dish and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
This was very tasty. I halved the recipe because I had a half can of green chiles to use (though I realize now it was a 4.5 oz can not 7, but I thought there was plenty of chiles). I used light sour cream, garlic jack cheese, and pickled jalapenos. I thought there was plenty of sauce for rice, and next time I will make some (I thought I had rice in the pantry but did not so went without this time). The chicken was perfectly cooked and super moist. Thanks for sharing!
Made this for a weekday dinner and it was super easy but really good! Used lowfat organic sour cream, cause I needed to use it up, and mostly jack but part cheddar cause that's what was in the fridge. Everyone enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This was very,very good! You should have seen myself and family unit inhale this! I made it according to your directions except I omitted the jalapenos because we're all wimps. Instead I topped the chicken with some reserved green chiles before I sprinkled on the cheese. And there was PLENTY of sauce to go around.Thanks for a very tasty weeknight meal - so easy too.