Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This recipe is from the Pacific Islands. Marinating time is not included in the prep or cooking times.
Top Review by awalde
A great recipe! I love the combination with taro!
I decided to slice the onion as this looks more beautiful.
Something that you can serve your guest, impress them and... you will not be too busy...it's so easy!
They will say WOW
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken, boneless, skinless, breasts or 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken thighs
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup coconut, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain liquid from canned pineapple into a small mixing bowl.
- Add soy sauce and ginger and stir.
- Pour the mixture into 8x8 baking dish and place chicken inside.
- turning once to coat both sides.
- Marinade for at least and hour but as long as overnight.
- Sprinkle pineapple, onion and coconut on top of chicken
- Place in oven and bake at 350 F for about an hour and a quarter.
- Serve on rice.