Recipe by Sherrybeth
Quick and easy chicken recipe.
Top Review by Luv2Cook/Hate2Clean:)
This makes a really yummy sauce. My only complaint was that it made very little sauce. I ended up adding an extra 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/4 cup water, just to make a little more of it. Next time, I think I'm going to just double some of the sauce ingredients and add a little chicken broth. We had enough sauce to go on the rice, but it would have been nice to have some for the chicken as well. Other than that, I have no complaints. I used chicken breast tenders, since they were on sale, and I think I would do that again. I just had to cut down the cooking time a bit. I wouldn't be opposed to having it again, since it was pretty good.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 -6 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups water
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry vegetable soup mix (I use Knorr's)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Place chicken breasts in skillet and brown for about 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Stir in 2 cups water, soup mix and dill into skillet and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionallyl for 25-30 minutes until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken to a plate.
- Add sour cream to skillet and stir until creamy.
- Place chicken over hot brown rice (prepared according to directions) and spoon sour cream sauce over chicken before serving.