Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Quick and easy chicken recipe.
Make and share this Chicken Marseilles recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Place chicken breasts in skillet and brown for about 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Stir in 2 cups water, soup mix and dill into skillet and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionallyl for 25-30 minutes until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken to a plate.
- Add sour cream to skillet and stir until creamy.
- Place chicken over hot brown rice (prepared according to directions) and spoon sour cream sauce over chicken before serving.
This makes a really yummy sauce. My only complaint was that it made very little sauce. I ended up adding an extra 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/4 cup water, just to make a little more of it. Next time, I think I'm going to just double some of the sauce ingredients and add a little chicken broth. We had enough sauce to go on the rice, but it would have been nice to have some for the chicken as well. Other than that, I have no complaints. I used chicken breast tenders, since they were on sale, and I think I would do that again. I just had to cut down the cooking time a bit. I wouldn't be opposed to having it again, since it was pretty good.
This is a very tasty and simple way to make a chicken dinner that seems a little fancier than most. I have the same one on a Knorr pamphlet (mine calls it Country French Chicken Skillet) but the proportions are a bit different. So I tried your recipe and I think I like it better. I cooked just two chicken breasts, about 5 minutes per side, and used about 1 1/2 cups of the water. And I don't bother taking the chicken from the pan before adding the sour cream at the end. This one is a frequent dinner at our house.