Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
When Dining at The Olive Garden this is one of my favorites. Please note this is from the Olive Garden Website and is not some knock off recipe. You can find more of these @ http://www.olivegarden.com/recipes/
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup marsala wine
- POUND chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap until about 1/4" thickness.
- COMBINE flour, salt, pepper and oregano in a mixing bowl.
- Dredge chicken pieces in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- HEAT oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook chicken breasts on medium heat for about 2 minutes on the first side, until lightly browned.
- Turn breasts over to cook other side, then add mushrooms to skillet.
- Cook breasts about 2 more minutes, until both sides are lightly browned.
- Continue to stir mushrooms.
- Add Marsala wine around chicken pieces.
- COVER and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- TRANSFER to serving plate.
Absolutely delicious! Just as good, if not better, than when we had this at Olive Garden. Will definitely make this again.
I was disappointed with this recipe. I followed the directions exactly but I found it to be too runny and bland. I won't be making this again.
My friend and I completely PIGGED OUT on this tonight! It was GREAT! I took a shortcut and had the butcher prep the chicken cutlets for me with his smashy tenderizing machine thingee, but otherwise, the recipe was follow to the T. Couldn't have been happier. Leftover are going to ROCKKK!