Recipe by KittyKitty
A tasty marinated chicken, even the kids love. This is a good, hearty meal.You can use any cut of chicken that you prefer.
Top Review by Stella8037
Wow! Absolutely delicious and SO EASY... I did all the prep the night before, marinated in the fridge, and popped it in the oven when I got home from work the next day! I happened to be out of oregano, so I used basil and a little thyme. I also dislike capers, so I didn't use them. Everything else I followed to a t (but halved the recipe). It looked impressive and tasted even better - I got rave reviews. Thanks!
- 1 (12 ounce) packagepitted bite size dried plums
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) jar capers, drained
- 1 (1/2 ounce) bottle dried oregano
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 bulb of garlic, minced
- 1 cup pimento stuffed olive
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 4 teaspoons pepper
- 8 lbs mixed chicken pieces
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a large zip-top freezer bag or large bowl. Add chicken pieces, turning to coat well; seal or cover and chill for at least 8 hours( but overnight is best), turning chicken occasionally.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer in 1 or 2 13 x 9 inch baking pans. Pour marinade evenly over chicken, and sprinkle evenly with brown sugar; pour wine around pieces.
- Bake at 350F for 50 minutes to 1 hour, baste often.
- Remove chicken , dried plums, capers and olives to a serving platter. Drizzle with 1/4 cup pan juices; sprinkle parsley evenly over top. Discard bay leaves. Serve with remaining pan juices.