Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of my favorite salad dishes that I like to serve at home or take it to family and friends.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons lemons (fresh)
- 1⁄2 lb macaroni (penne, twists, rigatoni, ziti, etc.)
- 2 tomatoes (seeded)
- 3 italian peppers (seeded)
- 2 green onions (trimmed) or 2 scallions (trimmed)
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley or 1⁄2 dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder or 1⁄4 teaspoon berbere
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh basil (diced)
- 2 teaspoons dry white wine (optional) or 2 teaspoons dry sherry (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and black pepper
- Soak and wash chicken with lemon or lime.
- Cut the chicken in cubes or as desired; marinate the chicken with 1 tablespoon of oil, hot chili powder, garlic, rosemary and 1 teaspoon of wine; Keep it in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Stir-fry the marinated chicken. Cook until the chicken is well done (15 minutes or less).
- Boil water in a large pot; add the macaroni (pasta); cook for 15 minutes (al dente). Mix with the chicken.
- Meanwhile, wash and pat dry tomatoes, peppers, and green onions cut in desired shapes.
- Combine the chicken, pasta and vegetables; Keep covered for the vegetable to soften; At room temperature, put it in the fridge;.
- Prepare the dressing – lemon juice, 2 tablespoon oil, parsley, Italian seasoning, basil, garlic powder, Dijon mustard, salt and black pepper; Whisk it well until the mixture is smooth or blend it in a food processor if more dressing is needed.
- Pour the dressing over the chicken-macaroni salad which is already in fridge. Mix it well and keep in fridge.
- Serve it cold.