This is one of my favorite salad dishes that I like to serve at home or take it to family and friends.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons lemons (fresh)
- 1/2 lb macaroni (penne, twists, rigatoni, ziti, etc.)
- 2 tomatoes (seeded)
- 3 italian peppers (seeded)
- 2 green onions (trimmed) or 2 scallions (trimmed)
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley or 1/2 dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder or 1/4 teaspoon berbere
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh basil (diced)
- 2 teaspoons dry white wine (optional) or 2 teaspoons dry sherry (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and black pepper
- 1Soak and wash chicken with lemon or lime.
- 2Cut the chicken in cubes or as desired; marinate the chicken with 1 tablespoon of oil, hot chili powder, garlic, rosemary and 1 teaspoon of wine; Keep it in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- 3Stir-fry the marinated chicken. Cook until the chicken is well done (15 minutes or less).
- 4Boil water in a large pot; add the macaroni (pasta); cook for 15 minutes (al dente). Mix with the chicken.
- 5Meanwhile, wash and pat dry tomatoes, peppers, and green onions cut in desired shapes.
- 6Combine the chicken, pasta and vegetables; Keep covered for the vegetable to soften; At room temperature, put it in the fridge;.
- 7Prepare the dressing – lemon juice, 2 tablespoon oil, parsley, Italian seasoning, basil, garlic powder, Dijon mustard, salt and black pepper; Whisk it well until the mixture is smooth or blend it in a food processor if more dressing is needed.
- 8Pour the dressing over the chicken-macaroni salad which is already in fridge. Mix it well and keep in fridge.
- 9Serve it cold.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken-Macaroni Salad
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.3
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 96.8 mg
- Sodium 112.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 37.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: