This version of a stuffed chicken is filled with cream cheese and chiles, from The Hatch Chile Cookbook, .
- On the top of each flat chicken breast spread 1 tbsp of cream cheese. Pace the whole green chile over the cheese on each breast, making sure to spread to cover the entire chicken breast.
- Roll the breast up, tucking in the ends. Secure the roll with a toothpick and set aside.
- On a dinner plate, mix the flour, red chile powder and garlic.
- Dredge each breast in the flour mixture.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non'sticking cooking spray and place the breasts on the sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
This is such a quick and easy dinner to put together. I didn't have whole chiles so I used chopped green chilis which made them pretty tough to roll up and then dredge in the flour. The flavor was out of this world though so I will be making these again using the whole chilis as stated in the recipe. This recipe is also really easy to reduce or multiply for a crowd!
Oh yum,oh yum,oh yum!!! What an incredibly simple and wonderfully tasty recipe. I also used jarred jalapenos,diced and mixed in to the cream cheese (extra light philadelphia!!). This was so great,we loved the cool creaminess of the cheese married with the fiery heat of the jalapeno-DELICIOUS!! A real winner-thanks for posting!!
This recipe made it into our Book #242923! 01/18/09 - This recipe is a wonderful and unique spin on jalapeno poppers! I didn't have whole chilis but did have a jar of diced jalapenos and it worked wonderfully as I could control the heat in the kivas to each family members liking. The cream cheese marries to the the chicken and chilis very well, providing a great balance of flavors. This is also very simple to make, with few ingredients that most cooks have on hand. The only change we would make would be to add more garlic. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. :)