Recipe by TheGrumpyChef
This version of a stuffed chicken is filled with cream cheese and chiles, from The Hatch Chile Cookbook, .
Top Review by cookiedog
This is such a quick and easy dinner to put together. I didn't have whole chiles so I used chopped green chilis which made them pretty tough to roll up and then dredge in the flour. The flavor was out of this world though so I will be making these again using the whole chilis as stated in the recipe. This recipe is also really easy to reduce or multiply for a crowd!
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, pressed flat
- 2 (4 ounce) cans whole green chilies
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- On the top of each flat chicken breast spread 1 tbsp of cream cheese. Pace the whole green chile over the cheese on each breast, making sure to spread to cover the entire chicken breast.
- Roll the breast up, tucking in the ends. Secure the roll with a toothpick and set aside.
- On a dinner plate, mix the flour, red chile powder and garlic.
- Dredge each breast in the flour mixture.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non'sticking cooking spray and place the breasts on the sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.