Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a light version of Chicken Kiev. The yogurt may sound like a strange and untasty ingredient but it works great and I have received many compliments on this dish. I actually double the sauce as it is very tasty. They are great the next day, even cold, for lunch or a picnic.
- Combine all ingredients except the chicken.
- Cut 2 slits in each chicken breast to form 2 pockets.
- Lift the flap of each pocket and fill with some of the yogurt mixture.
- Arrange breasts in a baking dish.
- spoon remaining yogurt mixture over chicken.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Bake chicken 35 minutes, or until crisp and browned.
I've never had chicken kiev before because it sounds like the most unhealthy food possible, so I don't know how this recipe stacks up against it. It's a good chicken recipe though, and I'm sure most unknowing people would assume it's loaded with calories and fat, even though it isn't. One note I would make though is it might be a good idea to pan fry the chicken on both sides for a few minutes before baking. As is, all the juices escaped into the pan when I cooked this, and the chicken ended up dryer than it should've been. Pan frying should help with that.
Thank you for sharing this light version of Chicken Kiev. I followed your recipe as written.