Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This smoky marinade turns chicken on a stick into something really special!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
For the marinade
- 1 large fresh tarragon sprig
- 1 red chile, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked pimiento
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the chicken thighs into chunks - about 1in and then set aside.
- Make the marinade. Strip the leaves from the tarragon and place them in a mortar with the roughly chopped chili.
- Add the garlic, a generous pinch of salt, a grinding of pepper and pound everything to a paste with a pestle (alternatively use a food processor).
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of smoked pimenton (this adds a lovely smoky flavour to the marinade). Add the tomato paste, balsamic or sherry vinegar and olive oil. Stir thoroughly and pour over the chicken. Leave the chicken to marinate until ready to cook.
- Preheat the broiler and line a grill pan with silver foil. Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side, until golden and cooked through. Thread the chicken pieces onto skewers and serve immediately.