Moroccan Chicken Kebabs / Skewers
photo by justcallmetoni
- Ready In:
- 1 -2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes & place in a bowl.
- Add the spices to the bowl. Stir to make sure that all the cubes are covered. Then pour the vinegar on top & stir again. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Take the cubes & place them onto skewers. (I usually make 4 skewers per person.).
- Grill the kebabs until the chicken is done, don't over cook. Enjoy!
I realized at the last moment that I didn't have any paprika left. I added cayenne instead a little more than half a tsp., so it was a bit too spicy. With the paprika it would have been great. I was surprised to find that there was no vinegar flavor at all. Good recipe. Made for Ramadan Tag 2009 thanks Nasseh!
Oh my...Nasseh these are so good. Especially done on the grill w/just the right amount of nippiness. The combination of the two is a definite repeat. DS's thank you as they like a little kick. I marinated this for just over 3 hours. I used regular paprika, but can see using the smoked version too. I love the added cumin.!!!! Made for ZaarStars~
see 6 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Follower of Jesus: I have a strong faith in God & his love for all of us. He is the first & last in my life and it is my desire to tell others of His greatest gift to us...His Son. Explorer: I love to learn about new cultures & try new foods. While in Morocco I learned to appreciate the use of spices. Wife: I'm married to my best friend. Sister: I am the oldest of six children. Mother: My son lives in CA while my daughter lives close to me. Grandmother: My beautiful granddaughter has stolen my heart.