Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Martina Navratilova's book "Shape Yourself". I have not tried this yet. Makes a single serving, but is easily multiplied to as many servings as you like. Time to make is a guess, since I haven't made it yet, but includes 30 minute marinating time.
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cherry tomatoes
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into large chunks
- 2 -3 fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 -3 pieces green bell peppers or 2 -3 pieces red bell peppers
- In a shallow dish, combine pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, and oil.
- Thread the skewer, alternating tomatoe, chicken, pineapple, and pepper.
- Dip in the marinade, coating well, and discard the marinade. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. (Personally, I would let it soak in the marinade for 30 minutes. At least.).
- Grill or broil until the chicken is cooked through. (No suggested time is given, but I would think 3-5 minutes per side depending on the size of your chicken chunks, and would suggest turning the skewer once or twice.).
- Remove from the skewer and serve.
Ya'll have to try this one! I marinaded mine for 30 minutes, and that seemed to be the correct timing. I don't care for tomatos, so I subbed Vidalia onion chunks. I made 2 skewers, sao i would have one for lunch tomorrow. Thanks, this is a keeper!