Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
Adapted from IndiaOz.com. Times are approximate and don't include 3-4 hours marinating time.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken, cut into medium sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (optional)
- 5 tablespoons oil (for shallow frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients (except oil) in a bowl and allow to marinate in the fridge, covered, for 3-4 hours.
- Heat oil in a flat pan and shallow fry (put them in and when one side gets brown and crusty, turn the pieces over and let the other side get cooked) the marinated chicken pieces till golden brown. (Note: When frying the pieces, put the flame or heat to a medium-high setting to ensure the chicken gets cooked properly while frying on both sides).
- Pat dry the fried chicken pieces with paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Garnish with sliced onions (lengthwise cut) and lime slices before serving.
- Serve hot. An excellent starter/appetizer and a good side dish with biryanis/other rice dishes.