Recipe by JanetSmith154
Low Carb, perfect for South Beachers!!!!
Top Review by Anna's Mom
Although we enjoyed this chicken dish, I think I might make some changes next time. I did use Ro-Tel tomatoes instead of plain. I didn't particularly like the texture of the ricotta cheese and think it needs to be mixed with something so it doesn't feel so curdled(cream cheese or sour cream possibly). I liked how simple it was to prepare and think with some changes it will become a regular.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 2 ounces reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Oven 350.
- Heat skillet with 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Season Chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Brown Chicken in oil for 6 minutes per side.
- Remove to oven-safe baking dish.
- Combine ricotta with oregano and 1 cup crushed tomatoes.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of cheese/tomato mixture onto chicken.
- Sprinkle 1/2 oz of mozzarella ontop of chicken
- Bake 20 minutes.