I’ve tweaked my originally posted recipe, which was low carb, into a recipe all can enjoy in moderation. :) Delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, partially frozen
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions, including tops
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2/3 cup dry white wine or 2/3 cup no-salt-added chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dry tarragon, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder, to taste
- 1 cup sour cream (can sub yogurt, will be more tangy tasting)
- 4 orange wedges, for garnish
- 1Keeping chicken breasts partially frozen, cut them into thin slices. Let thaw.
- 2Sprinkle breast meat with salt and pepper.
- 3Melt butter and oil in large frying pan over medium high heat.
- 4Quickly cook chicken slices in batches, turning until lightly browned but not totally cooked through keeping them very tender (you’ll finish cooking them later).
- 5Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- 6Pour out oil and gently wipe out pan (you don’t want *all* of the browned bits gone) and start again and continue to cook remaining chicken slices in this manner until all the chicken is browned.
- 7Pour off and discard drippings, leaving any browned bits in bottom of pan.
- 8Mix together garlic, onion, orange juice, orange peel and wine or stock and add to the pan.
- 9Bring to a boil, stirring; remove from heat.
- 10Stir honey, tarragon, and curry, and stir until incorporated, then stir in the sour cream.
- 11Sprinkle in the flour, while whisking until incorporated and return to the heat and cook for about 3 minutes (taste it to make sure any “floury” taste is gone), stirring, until sauce comes to gentle boil.
- 12Season to taste with salt and pepper and add back the cooked chicken tossing to cover with sauce and let simmer to finish off cooking the chicken and until the sauce has slightly thickened.
- 13If it becomes too thick, add a bit of chicken broth.
- 14Garnish with orange wedges.
- 15At the table, squeeze the orange wedge juice over the servings, eat, and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in Orange Cream
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 645.4
- Calories from Fat 339
- Total Fat 37.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 177.4 mg
- Sodium 228.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 56.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: