Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Best of the Best from Kentucky Cookbook. Guessing at prep and cooking times.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, and halved
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- parmesan cheese
- Saute chicken breasts in butter until light brown.
- Salt and pepper chicken.
- Place in baking dish.
- Add sherry, lemon rind and juice to butter.
- Cook and stir for a few minutes.
- Correct seasoning.
- Stirring constantly, slowly add cream to sauce.
- Remove from heat, pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle cheese over breasts, and bake at 350 degrees F for 20-30 minutes.
This is a really good recipe. I made as per recipe with no changes, and the only problem I had....was not enough sauce. The family loved the sauce and wanted more so..... Next time I will double the sauce ingredients. But this is one great dish! The family really enjoyed this Jan. A great meal that is tasty and v ery esy with little effort that makes for a fantsatic dinner.
So easy to make.So good to eat. My Husband kept going on about how subtle the flavour was,how moist the chicken. I served with Asparagus spears and mashed potatos & veg. My DH said this was a keeper. (Thats high praise from him) Leah
my family was home tonight, some for the first time in 6 days= they all loved this! i usually make a lighter lemon chicken, but the addition of the cream and the grated parmegiano reggiano was wonderful.i added some buttermilk to my heavy cream to make it a full cup, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. i will be making this again, thanks jan