Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is my husband's Grandmother's delicious recipe. I've made this with chicken breast, too, but I cut the breast into chunks or strips. Serve with rice or noodles.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (I use thighs because they are more moist)
- 1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup vermouth (white, dry)
- 1 can quartered artichoke heart, well drained
- 1 jar whole mushroom (rinsed and drained)
- Place raw chicken pieces in casserole.
- Mix together the soups and vermouth; pour over raw chicken.
- Place artichoke quarters around in the sauce.
- Cook at 350F for 1 hour.
- Then put the whole mushrooms around in the sauce and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
This is a very mild tasting dish. I spiced it up with 1 tsp bottled crushed garlic, but it still needed something. I've been requested to make it again, so maybe the next time I will add some lemon juice, too.