Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From one of my favourite chefs James Reeson and his show Alive and Cooking. He presented this at the request of watcher, looks good. Times are estimated.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 14.79 ml oil
- 4 slice ham (medium slice not fine)
- 100 g mushrooms (small marinated, sliced)
- 100 g cottage cheese
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 50 g butter
- 50 g flour
- 350-400 ml milk
- 2 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg (lighly beaten for egg wash)
- Slice the chicken breast in half lenghtwise.
- Heat tablespoon of oil in frypan and seal chicken on both sides and remove and allow to cool.
- In the same pan melt the butter then fry the mushrooms till well cooked and then sir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the chicken stock and milk while stirring constantly until all combined, approximately 5 minutes.
- Cut the pastry in half diagonally (forming a triangle) and place 1 slice of ham and then the a chicken breast on top and then a 1/2 tablespoon cottage cheese and fold over the pastry, brush with egg wash and then place of a baking sheet, complete other 3.
- Bake at 230C for 15 minutes.
- Serve with the mushroom sauce and steamed vegetables.
I like the overall concept but I think maybe I had some trouble with the metric conversions? I will definitely try to make this again and update my review when I do.
Great! Only change I made was I couldn't find marinated mushrooms so used 200g of button mushrooms instead, I thought the extra quantity of fresh mushrooms would be needed to give it enough flavour and that was just right to complement the chicken without being too strong.