Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Here's a barbecued chicken meal that's oh-so-easy to prepare, the chicken, potatoes and peppers all cook together in one big foil packet.
- 1⁄2 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 4 small baking potatoes or 12 new potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Tear off two pieces of foil the size of a cookie sheet.
- Place one piece of the foil on a cookie sheet.
- Spoon half of the barbecue sauce on the center of the foil.
- Layer the chicken, green and red peppers and potatoes on top.
- Sprinkle with the black pepper.
- Top with the remaining barbecue sauce.
- Place the remaining piece of foil on top.
- Seal edges with double folds.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Carefully open the packet and check the chicken for doneness.
- If the chicken is still pink, close the packet and bake about 5 minutes more or until done.
- To make individual packets, use four 18 by 14-inch pieces of foil.
- On one half of each piece of foil, layer the ingredients as directed above.
- Fold the other half of the foil over the top and seal each packet.
- Bake as directed.
Ahah! Found another winner by Dancer! OMG, Girl, this chicken recipe is fantastic. It's really easy to toss together and bake. I did add a few onion slices on top of the mix, otherwise, followed your directions. It turned out really good. Thanks for sharing such a neat recipe! Laudee C.
My husband wasn't as crazy about this as I was, but I really liked it.
This was very easy and tasted very good...I would probably next time use a different sauce than bbq -- maybe an Asian style ponzu or something for a different flavor. Thanks for sharing!