Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Southern Sunday breakfast dish or a Northern luncheon delicacy. Serve over toast points, hot biscuits or toasted English muffins. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F and butter a casserole dish.
- Melt butter; blend in flour until smooth.
- Add chicken stock gradually, stirring constantly until the boiling point is reached.
- Add chicken and stir; place in prepared casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes.