Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
This is a refreshing pasta dish chocked ful of garden fresh vegetables.
- 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 4 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 green pepper, julienned
- 1 carrot, peeled and julianned
- 1⁄4 cup frozen green pea
- 1⁄4 cup frozen sweet corn
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- Mix together the juice of 1 lime, 1 teaspoon of lime zest, 1 garlic clove, crushed, 2 Tablespoons salad oil, 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped and salt and pepper to taste.
- Marinate chicken breast for two hours in the refrigerator.
- Place the chicken breast in a pan and cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan, cool and slice.
- combine the chicken with the cooked penne, red, green, and yellow pepper, carrot, peas, and corn.
- In a seperate bowl, combine 3 Tablespoons of olive oil, juice of one lime, 2 teaspoons of cilantro, 2 teaspoons of red wine vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over penne mixture and toss.
- Sprinkle with the basil, parmesan cheese and pine nuts to finish.
This recipe has potential, I did not like the pine nuts, maybe if they had been toasted. I did not marinade the chicken for 2 hours. After about 30 minutes it was already beginning to cook in the lime juice. The recipe does not say how to cook the julienned veggies. I choose to put them in a steamer basket and place over the penne while cooking. I used more basil and parmesan cheese than the recipe called for.