Recipe by BLUE ROSE
I found this for my husband to make. And also for a World Tour... We like this. Prep time varies per person on this recipe
Top Review by Gerry
Excellent! Surprisingly easy to make yet looks and tastes like you've spent all day in the kitchen. The glaze a special touch. Made as posted with great results. Served with a fresh salad of mixed garden greens made for a lovely meal.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples (about 2 apples)
- 1⁄4 cup golden seedless raisins
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 2⁄3 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup apple jelly
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate, From Frozen Concentrate undiluted
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Lightly grease baking pan and set aside. Place chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap and pound with meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness. Set aside.
- Place apples, raisins, nuts, onion, and sage in bowl and stir to combine.
- Place 1 tablespoon apple mixture in center of each breast and roll up, enclosing filling completely. Secure with wooden toothpicks and place, seam-side-down, in single layer in prepared pan.
- Brush with melted butter and set aside.
- To make glaze, melt some lowfat margarine or butter in small saucepan and stir in apple jelly, orange juice, and sherry. Simmer 3 minutes until jelly is completely melted.
- Bake chicken in preheated oven, basting frequently with glaze, 30-45 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Remove toothpicks before serving.