Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A delicious baked chicken recipe. From Heart of the Palms
- 2 roasting chickens, cut up
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (30 ounce) cansliced pineapple (do not drain)
- 4 -5 sliced green onions, and tops
- 1 green pepper, seeded, cut in strips
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup diced almonds
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Coat chicken with flour and season with paprika.
- Combine oil and butter in a bowl and turn chicken in mixture until completely coated.
- Place chicken skin-side down in a single layer in 9x13" baking dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken.
- Cut 1/2 of pineapple slices into bite-size pieces.
- Cut remaining pineapple into half slices.
- Combine pineapple with syrup, onions, green pepper, wine, brown sugar and salt.
- Pour mixture over and around chicken.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 375 F about 45 minutes basting occasionally.