Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Everything all mixed together in one serving! Good with tomatoe sauce but I like them with chicken gravy.
- 2 -3 cups mashed potatoes, with
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2⁄3 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs (tarragon and parsley works nice as does garlic and parsley)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten separated
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- oil (for frying)
- 1 cup corn (optional)
- 1 cup grated cheese (optional)
- Blend potatoes, chicken, ham, herbs and 1 egg.
- Add cheese and/or corn if desired.
- Blend well and season with salt and pepper.
- Shape into small balls or flat pancakes.
- Add small amount of milk to second egg.
- Place crumbs on a plate.
- Dip balls into the egg and milk.
- Roll in bread crumbs to coat throughly.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Cook fritters until golden brown.
Great way to use up Thanksgiving leftover mashed potatoes and turkey. We did not use the corn this time but next will try that option.
hollllllllllyyyyyyyyy cow.. These are absolutely DELICIOUSCRUMPTIOUSABSOLUTELYUMMY!!! lol :-) I realllllllllly enjoyed these. I think these would be wonderful as an appetizer for a party.. make them pretty small and serve with tomato sauce (i ate them with ketchup..YUM!!!! lol) they would be just the perfect appetizer. I had to use a little more egg and a lot of breadcrumbs, but they worked out beautifully.. I used parsley, garlic, and onion salt.. just nummy!! Thanks so much laurie.. this recipe is a definite keeper. Will make them for my family when I get home.. I think they'd love them! :-)
Very yummy, nice change of pace for dinner. To save time and the mess of frying, I heated an oven-proof skillet with a couple of tablespoons of oil, then patted the whole mixture in the skillet. I fried it until it was good and brown on the bottom. Then I put it under the broiler until the top was golden brown. I cut it into wedges and served with chicken gravy. I added both of the optional ingredients.