Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I did some mix and match from other recipes, so if you see a similar traits - yes I stole those buhahaha :)
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 -2 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup hot sauce (I prefer Louisiana hot sauce (yum)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 4 cups canola oil
- Initially you should heat your oil to a medium high heat, around 375 degrees. I like canola oil because it doesn't burn as quickly (comes in handy if you are distracted)
- mix spices together
- mix flour and baking powder together in separate large bowl
- mix eggs and hot sauce together in another large bowl.
- Then pound out the breast's to about a 1/2 inch thickness (put a breast in between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound your stress away with a meat tenderizing malet)
- When your breast's are nice and flat :) sprinkle spices to taste on each side.
- Then powder breast in flour - then dredge in egg/hot sauce wash - then again cover in flour.
- place gently in oil and fry for about 15 minutes flipping midway - make sure they are golden brown and juices run clear when all finished
- place breast on paper towel - blot the oil on both sides carefully
- repeat process with remaining chicken and enjoy!
- We like this with cream gravy, mashed potatoes, and some corn on the cob (for a nice southern style dish).