Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this on the web as I searched for recipes to fit Dr Brewer's pregnancy diet. It's packed with protein and calcium, plus vitamin-rich spinach. Great for non-pregnant people, too!
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup Kraft® Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2 cups fine soft bread crumbs
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- Place the spinach in the bottom of a 1 1/2 qt buttered casserole. I usually have to cook the chicken while I get everything else ready - I just add some olive oil to a pan and cook it up on the stove, then cut it into chunks with my kitchen shears. You could also buy the precooked chicken in the grocery store; Tyson makes some that is good.
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan and stir in the flour. Let bubble one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add spices and milk. Stir constantly until mixture thickens; add cheese and chicken.
- Pour chicken mixture over spinach. Top with bread crumbs and dot with butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until casserole is heated completely. If bread crumbs need additional browning, place under the broiler for a minute or two.