Queen of Harts's Note:
I found this on the web as I searched for recipes to fit Dr Brewer's pregnancy diet. It's packed with protein and calcium, plus vitamin-rich spinach. Great for non-pregnant people, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the spinach in the bottom of a 1 1/2 qt buttered casserole. I usually have to cook the chicken while I get everything else ready - I just add some olive oil to a pan and cook it up on the stove, then cut it into chunks with my kitchen shears. You could also buy the precooked chicken in the grocery store; Tyson makes some that is good.
- 2Melt the margarine in a saucepan and stir in the flour. Let bubble one minute, stirring constantly.
- 3Add spices and milk. Stir constantly until mixture thickens; add cheese and chicken.
- 4Pour chicken mixture over spinach. Top with bread crumbs and dot with butter.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until casserole is heated completely. If bread crumbs need additional browning, place under the broiler for a minute or two.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Florentine Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.2
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 96.6 mg
- Sodium 950.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 27.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Kraft® Grated Parmesan Cheese