Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
We like these as a more healthy option to traditional deep-fried flautas.
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 24 inches flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Marinate the chicken breast in the first 5 ingredients for one hour in the refrigerator. Then cook the chicken over medium-high heat in a non-stick pan for 3-4 minutes per side. Let cool for 20 minutes and then cut into one-inch cubes.
- To assemble the flautas:
- Mix together the cubed chicken, sour cream, jack cheese and 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Spoon ¼ of this mixture onto each tortilla and roll up. Place the flautas on a baking sheet, brush with additional oil, as desired, and cook for 15 minutes in a pre-heated 400-degree oven. Turn the flautas over and cook and additional 7 minutes.