Recipe by Calee
Only takes minutes to put together.Using cooked pasta, we like shells or bow ties.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
Looking for a great Italian dish without all the fuss?,well my friends look no further because you just found it.This is how I made this wonderful recipe.I used three really large chicken breast halves,for easier clean up I added all the breading ingredients in a plastic zip-lock bag.Since I didn't have any olive oil I used canola.And I didn't have any Italian-style tomato sauce I used a 26 ounce jar of sweet tomato basil and omitted the water.And as another chef had posted about the cheese sticking to the pan, I decided to just sprinkle whatever amount of cheese we wanted onto each serving.Thank you for posting this will be made again."Keep Smiling:)"
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into strips.
- In a plastic bag combine parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and basil.
- Add chicken pieces and coat well.
- In large frying pan and olive oil brown chicken pieces for 5 minutes.
- Add can of Italian tomato sauce and water.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over top.
- Cover frying pan with a lid for 1 minute until the cheese has melted. No need to stir.
- In a serving dish have cooked pasta ready and pour chicken mixture over top.