1/2 Photos of Chicken Fajitas like Mama Ninfas
A relatively quick and easy recipe - good for a week night. These taste similar to the Ninfa Fajitas - a popular restaurant dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 6 tablespoons butter (I've omitted this ingredient with success when watching calories)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 20 flour tortillas (the fresher, the better)
- sauteed onions or marinated onion (see recipe below)
- pico de gallo
- tomato, slices
- green bell pepper, rings
- 1Prepare the grill (indoor or out) or the broiler.
- 2Pound the chicken breasts to 3/4 inch thickness, and set aside.
- 3Heat a heavy skillet over high heat for 3- 4 minutes.
- 4Pour the wine into the skillet, and boil it for 1- 2 minutes to evaporate the alcohol.
- 5Reduce heat to medium.
- 6Stir in soy sauce, garlic, and pepper, and cook until they are just combined, about 1 minute.
- 7Add butter and stir until just melted.
- 8Remove skillet from heat.
- 9Dip the chicken breasts into the sauce, and turn them to coat thoroughly.
- 10Place breasts 3- 4" from heat source, or on in-door grill.
- 11Cook a few minutes until done to your taste.
- 12Remove from the heat and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- 13Slice the breasts into slim finger length strips.
- 14To assemble the fajitas, pile a platter high with the chicken strips, and accompany the platter with tortillas, onion, pico de gallo, guacamole, tomatoes and bell pepper rings.
- 15Let everyone help themselves.
- 16For each serving, fill a tortilla with some of the chicken and portions of the garnishes.
- 17Marinated onions: Reduce the stock to 1 cup in a small sauce pan.
- 18Add soy sauce and chiles; stir.
- 19Place onions in a medium bowl and pour the marinade over them.
- 20Cover the bowl and refrigerate it for several hours or overnight.
- 21Present the onions cold as a garnish, or heat them in the top of a double boiler and serve warm.
- 22They'll keep at least 10 days.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Fajitas like Mama Ninfas
Serving Size: 1 (774 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 999.6
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 210.3 mg
- Sodium 2912.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 82.7 g