Recipe by Kianya
This is a version of a Tahitian dish, since Taro is hard to come by in the U.S. I substitute it with spinach leaves. This is also a mild dish. Serve this dish with rice, I prefer sticky rice, but any other kind works well. For different flavors try jasmine rice.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, divided 1 T and 1 1/2 T
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 6 -8 ounces fresh spinach (taro)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 T butter in a skillet, add onions and sauté until golden brown. Set onions in a bowl aside.
- In the skillet melt the remaining 1 1/2 T butter and place the chicken in the skillet and brown evenly.
- Add the onions and continue to cook until the chicken is no longer pink, 15-20 minutes (depending on thickness). Then add the garlic and spinach, cover and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Before serving pour the coconut milk over the chicken and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve over hot cooked rice.