Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 16 ounces cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups picante sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1 cup yogurt, plain
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- Combine chicken, 1/2 cup picante sauce, soup, yogurt, green pepper and seasonings; mix well.
- Fill tortillas.
- Top with remaining picante sauce. Cover with foil and bake at 350F for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and top with cheese; let stand 5 minutes.
This was pretty good.I made a few changes,subsituting a can of green chilis for the peppers,used cream of chicken soup,and sour cream instead of yogurt.Also poured a can of green chili enchilada sauce over instead of more picante sauce.Will try it the way it is written next time to see the difference.I warmed the tortillas in a hot skilling before filling to keep them from cracking and roll easier.
I loved this. It was simple; however 1 of us said,"taste like made in America." There are no leftovers. Next time I will either make guacamole or use sour cream and place a dollop on top before serving.