Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
A Texas favorite. A package of taco seasoning could be used in place of the individual seasonings to make it even easier. Boiling time of the chicken is included in the prep. time.
- 1 whole chicken
- chili powder
- 1 tomatoes
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (6 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 2 cups milk
- 10 -15 corn tortillas
- 4 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Boil and debone chicken.
- Simmer chicken uncovered in skillet with salt, pepper,chili powder and tomato for flavor.
- In another pan, combine green chiles, soup, and milk to make a creamy soup mixture.
- Fry corn tortillas in vegetable oil.
- Roll chicken in tortillas and line in baking pan.
- Pour soup mixture over tortillas and top with grated cheese.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
This was the best enchiladas recipe that I have ever made. My daughters visited and ate one from the leftovers and thought they were better than most restaurants. My two daughters wanted the recipe immediately. I Also sent this sight to my sister to get this recipe and others. Great recipe.
Make your coworkers jealous when you fill the office with the aroma of lunch. Great standby and a shoe-in! Foolproof and a great recipe for a new cook to try out. Rich and tasty. The leftovers are even better!