Recipe by Mama_Jennie
I have a cookbook of 500+ chicken recipes. I've been looking for a recipe to pair with various asian dishes that I cook. I think this would be perfect. You can use chicken, beef, turkey, veggies... whatever you have on hand really. You can serve these with light soy sauce or sweet & sour sauce. Cooking time does not include chill time.
Top Review by Galley Wench
Maded these for dinner last night and they were great! Since DH doesn't do chicken I opted for the veggie version. I also added fresh ginger, napa cabbage and water chestnuts to them. Instead of frying I baked for 15-20 minutes at 350. To keep them sealed up used a wash of corn starch and water on the edges. Made for ZINGO. Thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed or minced)
- 3 ounces boneless chicken breasts (cooked)
- 1⁄4 cup carrot (julienned)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion (julienned)
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 1⁄4 cup bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 12 egg roll wraps
- 1 egg white (lightly beaten)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat wok or large skillet and add 2 tbsp of veggie oil. Once hot, add onion and garlic.
- Slice chicken thinly and add to skillet. Stir mixture constantly until browned. (Try not to burn the onion/garlic).
- Add the carrot, green onions, & bell pepper to the skillet and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add the bean sprouts, stir in the sesame oil, and remove from heat. (Let it cool.).
- Add desired amount of filling to middle of egg roll, fold in the sides, and roll up the pastry. Seal and glaze the rolls with brushes of egg white.
- Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes before cooking.
- You can either add remaining oil and cook in a wok or skillet in batches or you can use a deep fryer and cook at a medium-high frying temperature until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and enjoy!