I have a cookbook of 500+ chicken recipes. I've been looking for a recipe to pair with various asian dishes that I cook. I think this would be perfect. You can use chicken, beef, turkey, veggies... whatever you have on hand really. You can serve these with light soy sauce or sweet & sour sauce. Cooking time does not include chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed or minced)
- 3 ounces boneless chicken breasts (cooked)
- 1/4 cup carrot (julienned)
- 1/4 cup green onion (julienned)
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 12 egg roll wraps
- 1 egg white (lightly beaten)
- 1Heat wok or large skillet and add 2 tbsp of veggie oil. Once hot, add onion and garlic.
- 2Slice chicken thinly and add to skillet. Stir mixture constantly until browned. (Try not to burn the onion/garlic).
- 3Add the carrot, green onions, & bell pepper to the skillet and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add the bean sprouts, stir in the sesame oil, and remove from heat. (Let it cool.).
- 4Add desired amount of filling to middle of egg roll, fold in the sides, and roll up the pastry. Seal and glaze the rolls with brushes of egg white.
- 5Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes before cooking.
- 6You can either add remaining oil and cook in a wok or skillet in batches or you can use a deep fryer and cook at a medium-high frying temperature until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Egg Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.1
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 11.1 mg
- Sodium 291.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 7.8 g