Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are very easy to make using canned bean sprouts. Make certain to squeeze out the moisture completely from the canned bean sprouts before using in this recipe, or use fresh bean sprouts that have been cooked ahead of time. Serve with sweet and sour sauce. I strongly suggest to double or even triple this recipe!
- 2 small uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts (chopped into small pieces)
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can bean sprouts, very well drained (squeeze out excess moiture completely using hands this is important!)
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- black pepper (optional)
- 12 egg roll wraps
- oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wok or large skillet heat the sesame oil for about 3 minutes until hot.
- Brown the chicken pieces until cooked.
- Add in the garlic, bean sprouts spinach leaves, green onions and water chestnuts; stir-fry for about 4 minutes.
- In a small cup whisk together the soy sauce and cornstarch then stir into hot veggie/chicken mixture.
- Add in the ginger and sugar, the season with salt; keep stirring over low heat until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place about 1/4 cup filling mixture on an egg roll wrapper.
- Fold one corner towards the center over the filling, then fold side corners in to form an envelope that holds the mixture in, then roll up jelly roll style.
- Heat oil to about 360F degrees.
- Deep fry a few egg rolls at a time for about 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- Drain well on paper towels.