1 hr 10 mins
This soup is so tasty. you can eat it over and over and not tire of it. Very satisfying. eat as much as you want, and you will loose a bit of belly fat! Oh, and did I say it was EZ ?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 skinless chicken breast halves, with bone in
- 2 -3 large leeks, green and white parts, cleaned thoroughly, and then chopped
- 5 -6 stalks celery, cleaned and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, not chopped (one large slice)
- 2 -4 dashes hot sauce (I like Crystal, It's mild yet flavorful)
- 1 -2 tablespoon salt
- 1Put all the soup ingredients into a large 8-10 quart pot of water and bring to a boil.
- 2Turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for an hour our so until the chicken is tender and falling off the bone.
- 3Remove the chicken and let it cool so you can handle it to remove the bones.
- 4Shred the chicken and return to the pot.
- 5Bring to a boil again, and then turn down on a very low simmer.
- 6The longer it simmers, the tastier it becomes.
- 7Just ladle some of the soup into a bowl, add a few scoops of rice and top with garnishes to taste.
- 8This is just a basic recipe and has room for many tasty variables.
- 9Sometimes I garnish with cumin, or toasted mustard seed and a sprinkle of curry powder--whatever I'm craving.
- 10Basically, the soup is very low in fat and if you use the brown and wild rice, it is low in gluten.
- 11Eat it exclusively for a day or two and you will notice a flatter belly and feel healthy and energized.
- 12I keep a pot going on the back of the stove all the time so my family always has a nice healthy snack or quick meal on hand.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Diet Soup
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 41.4
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 13.6 mg
- Sodium 733.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 5.9 g