Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This soup is so tasty. you can eat it over and over and not tire of it. Very satisfying. eat as much as you want, and you will loose a bit of belly fat! Oh, and did I say it was EZ ?
- 2 skinless chicken breast halves, with bone in
- 2 -3 large leeks, green and white parts, cleaned thoroughly, and then chopped
- 5 -6 stalks celery, cleaned and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, not chopped (one large slice)
- 2 -4 dashes hot sauce (I like Crystal, It's mild yet flavorful)
- 1 -2 tablespoon salt
- thinly sliced jalapeno
- sesame oil (the toasted, fragrant variety)
- hot chili oil
- cooked rice (I prefer a blend of brown and wild rice)
- Put all the soup ingredients into a large 8-10 quart pot of water and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for an hour our so until the chicken is tender and falling off the bone.
- Remove the chicken and let it cool so you can handle it to remove the bones.
- Shred the chicken and return to the pot.
- Bring to a boil again, and then turn down on a very low simmer.
- The longer it simmers, the tastier it becomes.
- Just ladle some of the soup into a bowl, add a few scoops of rice and top with garnishes to taste.
- This is just a basic recipe and has room for many tasty variables.
- Sometimes I garnish with cumin, or toasted mustard seed and a sprinkle of curry powder--whatever I'm craving.
- Basically, the soup is very low in fat and if you use the brown and wild rice, it is low in gluten.
- Eat it exclusively for a day or two and you will notice a flatter belly and feel healthy and energized.
- I keep a pot going on the back of the stove all the time so my family always has a nice healthy snack or quick meal on hand.