Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a great "company Dish". I think it is very pretty to serve, very colorful.
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained
- grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup wine
- 1 can mushroom (I like fresh better)
- Place chicken in oblong casserole dish.
- Add onions, peppers, and tomatoes.
- Add wine.
- Sprinkle oregano all over the top.
- Cover and bake at 350 deg.
- for 1 1/2 hour.
- Five minutes before done remove cover and add mushrooms.
- Put cheese over top.
- Place back in oven till cheese melts.
I made this using fresh mushrooms and white wine. It was good but I kept thinking it was lacking something. However it was so easy to put together and pop in the oven. I may tinker with some additional seasoning next t ime.
This was great. Used thighs instead of breasts and chicken broth to replace the wine. Also put the mushrooms in the beginning. Couldn't keep my husband from going back for more. Now thats a good thing. Chicken was very moist.
Really good recipe -- I've already made it twice. I liked it better using chicken cutlets rather than whole chicken breasts, and I added lots of fresh mushrooms (I love mushrooms)! I'm not sure if you are supposed to use red or white wine; I used white, but i bet red might be even better.