Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 lb chicken cutlet (rinsed and trimmed)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
- extra virgin olive oil (1/2 inch or more to coat bottom of M-L frying pan, add more if needed during frying)
- Rinse and trim chicken.
- In a shallow bowl add egg and milk.
- Beat with fork until foamy.
- On 2 plates (try paper for easy clean up) pour flour on one and mixture of breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese on the other.
- Coat chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- Next, dip chicken into egg wash, let excess drip off then coat chicken with bread crumbs.
- Coat frying pan with olive oil and heat over medium (make sure oil is hot!).
- Add cutlets and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Place on paper towels to soak off some oil then ready to serve.
I love this recipe! I've been making it for years, but never had the measurements. My dad requested it to be made, so I used turkey cutlets and it was amazing! I cut fat by using fat free milk. Thanks!
Great, simple recipe - if you want a basic from which to build - this is it!!!!