1/3 Photos of Chicken Crossing
1 hr 30 mins
Ever wonder why the chicken crossed the road. Make this tasty dish and just before serving ask your guests this question, “Why did the chicken cross the road? And then let them tell you why! LOL------
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1360.77 g whole chickens
- 29.58-44.37 ml peanut oil
- 44.37 ml soy sauce
- 1.23 ml fennel seed
- 59.14 ml white onion, chopped up
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 29.58 ml coconut milk
- 1 carrot
- 425.24 g black beans
- 118.29 ml blue cheese dressing (other type of dressing) (optional)
- 59.14 ml Tabasco sauce (other variations of hot sauce) (optional)
- 1Cut up the chicken and remove the skin, excess fat and discard the back bone. Cut up the chicken breasts into smaller pieces and then add to a big bowl. Add the two thighs, two drum sticks and two chicken wings.
- 2Now add to the bowl the oil, soy sauce, fennel seed, onion, cinnamon stick, coconut milk and toss the chicken in this mixture. Let sit for about 30 minutes.
- 3Pre-heat an oven to 350 degrees and then bake for 1 hour (turn pieces half way through). Next use a toaster oven broiler element and broil for about 20 minutes turning the chicken until it is a nice brown in color.
- 4While the chicken is cooking scrape clean the carrot. Take a knife and cut a long thin strip and save. Next cut four shorter strips and save.
- 5Next place the can of beans in a pot and heat thoroughly.
- 6Using an oblong plate if possible, place the beans in the center and the length of the plate (leaving the sides clean so food can be added), flatten the beans with a folk; the beans represent a black top roadway.
- 7Next place the long carrot strip in the center of the beans, lengthwise; the carrot represents a highway divider line.
- 8Next use two small strips and create a cross “X” and place at one end of the highway; this represents a highway chicken crossing warning sign. Use two more small carrot strips and create a second cross “X” and place at the other end of the highway.
- 9Next place the chicken pieces on one side of the place (one side of the highway).
- 10Place the blue cheese dressing on the other side of the highway (half the length of the plate) and place the hot Tabasco sauce on the same side as well.
- 11Now just before serving, ask your guests “Why did the chicken cross the road? And see what the will say. Then let them dig in and serve themselves on individual plates. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Crossing
Serving Size: 1 (394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 669.2
- Calories from Fat 393
- Total Fat 43.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 160.4 mg
- Sodium 916.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 46.3 g