Recipe by Jimijoe 43
You can use turkey, chicken, salmon, shrimp...whatever you like...for the main ingeredient in these croquettes - I used chicken. GREAT every time! Makes 4 patties, 2 servings.
Top Review by Braunda
What a wonderful and so easy recipe to use. I have tryed the canned chicken in the past but this seems to be much better. I also used seasoned bread crumbs and this recipe turned out great. My brother would love to have these over and over..Plus +++ they are very good for freezing..yes we did it and all worked out great. Thank You so very much for new and better ideas for making my brother his chicken croquettes..Hugs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 slices white bread, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 lb cooked chicken breast, chopped coursely
- 1 beaten egg
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add onion and saute until tender.
- Add flour, salt and pepper.
- Add milk slowly and cook, stirring constantly until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and mix in the bread and chicken.
- Chill one hour.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Dredge each patty in flour, then dip in egg and then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Put enough vegetable oil in a skillet to at least 1/2 inch deep when heated.
- Fry croquettes until browned, turning once.
- Drain on paper towels.