Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
You can use turkey, chicken, salmon, shrimp...whatever you like...for the main ingeredient in these croquettes - I used chicken. GREAT every time! Makes 4 patties, 2 servings.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add onion and saute until tender.
- Add flour, salt and pepper.
- Add milk slowly and cook, stirring constantly until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and mix in the bread and chicken.
- Chill one hour.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Dredge each patty in flour, then dip in egg and then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Put enough vegetable oil in a skillet to at least 1/2 inch deep when heated.
- Fry croquettes until browned, turning once.
- Drain on paper towels.
What a wonderful and so easy recipe to use. I have tryed the canned chicken in the past but this seems to be much better. I also used seasoned bread crumbs and this recipe turned out great. My brother would love to have these over and over..Plus +++ they are very good for freezing..yes we did it and all worked out great. Thank You so very much for new and better ideas for making my brother his chicken croquettes..Hugs
Not bad, especially if you don't have a lot of chicken leftover. I think it could use more seasoning though. Maybe seasoned breadcrumbs and add some herbs to the chicken mixture.
This was my first attempt at croquettes and I'm glad I chose this recipe, it's a winner! I used Seasoned Breadcrumbs for coating and they turned out nice and crispy. Made for Alphabet Soup Game. Thanks for posting Jimijoe!