Recipe by Tunisia I.E.Al-Salahuddin
Not like Granny use to make, but with a good twist on taste.Soft warm 'Farina Bread' the entire family will enjoy! (similar to corn bread)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 cup self- Malt-o-Meal original hot cereal
- 1 cup cream of wheat
- 1⁄2 cup self-rising flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup chicken skin (crumble them)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preparation (You can use Halal or Kosher products for this recipe).
- 1.Place butter flavored shortening in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet, and heat in a 425° oven 4 minutes.
- 2.Combine cream of wheat, flour, and malt-o-meal in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- 3. Stir together buttermilk, eggs, and crumbled chicken cracklings; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Pour over melted butter flavored shortening in hot skillet.
- 4.Bake at 425° for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with real butter for great taste.