Recipe by ALH
This soup include some homemade noodles that are really tasty, however if you have leftovers they tend to disintegrate after a day or two sitting in the soup. The soup is still good after that, but the broth just becomes MUCH thicker.
Top Review by mama smurf
This was a very tasty soup. I did change it a little by using some frozen chicken I had already cooked and put in the freezer then used homemade chicken stock adding all the other ingredients. I did add some thyme to the broth but this was an easy and tasty dish. We really enjoyed the homemade noodles. Thank you for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
- 3 lbs whole chickens
- 4 cups celery, diced
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups corn
- white pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a stock pot with enough water to cover the chicken, celery, and onion.
- Simmer for 2 hours, until chicken falls from the bone.
- Remove chicken and cool.
- Set aside 2 cups of broth.
- Chop chicken meat once cool and remove skin and bones.
- Return meat to pot.
- Mix flour, 1 tsp salt, and the 2 cups broth until the dough forms a ball - not all broth may be needed, return excess stock to pot.
- Roll dough to approximately 1/4 inch thickness on a floured surface.
- Cut into noodles.
- Return broth to a boil.
- Add corn and noodles to the boiling broth.
- Cook 10 minutes, salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.