Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Borrowed from 30 day gourmet - Elycee
Make and share this Chicken Cordon Bleu Roll recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground chicken
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese or 1 cup swiss cheese
- 6 slices smoked turkey ham
- 4 slices cheddar cheese or 4 slices swiss cheese
- Combine chicken, egg, onion flakes, bouillion powder, milk, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Press out onto foil to make and 8X10 rectangle.
- Arrange ham slices over chicken mixture, leaving a 1/4 inch edge. Cover with grated cheese. Roll up from the short side, using the foil to assist in rolling. Discard foil. Press in ends and seam of chicken roll to prevent cheese from leaking out. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet.
- To Freeze: wrap unbaked chicken roll in heavy saran wrap. Place in freezer bag or rigid freezer container. Label and freeze.
- To Serve: thaw and bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour. Place the cheese slices on the meat roll and bake for an additional 15 minutes.