Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made this one up after not being able to find boneless thighs for a proper ckicken cordon blue recipe.(I was dining with someone who doesn't care for breasts! So when i saw the ground chicken this came to mind. I thought same taste, just a little twist. I serve with ready made chicken gravy drizzled on top, and usually with a vegetable to round out the meal. It is probable going to be around in my kitchen forever! Once a week my family wants this! So will yours! Enjoy!
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 6 -12 ounces Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 6 ounces smoked ham, sliced
- 4 ounces smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces French-fried onions
- 3 cups parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- mix ground chicken, bread crumbs, eggs, 1 cup parmesan, minced garlic,garlic salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, onion powder, mix well.
- take half of meat mixture and put in bottom of large loaf pan. then we layer the middle. 1 cup parmesan cheese, 2 oz. gouda, 3 oz. ham, 3 oz. french fried onions. then repeat same layer agian.
- top with remaining meat mixture and press around sides of pan to enclose the layers.
- bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees for about 1 hour. use meat thermometer if possible.