Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My husband made this for dinner last night and it was sooo good! He used bacon instead of ham. Very creamy a definite comfort food. Make baked potatos and spoon the sauce over them. Yummy
- 1 lb cooked bacon (pre cooked)
- 6 -8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 24 ounces sour cream
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- Line the bottom of pan with bacon.
- Cover bacon with chicken.
- Mix soup, sour cream, & half of the cheese.
- Cover chicken with soup mixture.
- Cover with remaining swiss cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 45 min to an hour
- Uncover and bake until cheese is brown and bubbly and chicken juices run clear.
My board of councils advised that THIS is the kind of bleus they like. Made for Alphabet Soup Tag.
This was yummy but awfully rich (not necessarily a bad thing) I agree with the comfort food aspect. Believe it or not, it was even good cold (we had some for lunch the next day)